Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Full-on Pizza

I got some free vegetables and bacon from an Italian place that was closing down a couple nights ago and decided to give pizza-making a go. It was so easy (I didn't make my own dough) and delicious that I made some again last night.
Prepare:
-Preheat oven to 350F
-Sauce your bread. I used Lebanese flat bread and spread tomato paste (from a jar) on the bread. I also added to the sauce some dried basil, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt-Prepare the toppings you want: I chopped tomato, broccoli, onion, zucchini, cauliflower, garlic, roasted pepper, snow peas, garlic, bacon, and some pickled jalapeño peppers-Arrange the toppings on the pizza. I did it so the stuff that I didn't want cooked would be under the cheese while the stuff I wanted cooked on top (so tomato, onion, garlic, zucchini, and bacon on top and the rest underneath). Grate cheese (I used just cheddar but provolone, Monterey, mozzarella, etc would be good) on topCook:
-Put in oven for about 8-10 minutes, then take out and put back in with the former-front facing the back ( I did this for an even crisp) , cook for another 5-8 minutes or until reached desired level of crispiness Tips:
-Use any topping you have, you just can't lose! Yesterday I sauteed some chicken and then added it with the pizza and it was great
-If you want a pizza-chain cheese-stick type flavor, then ahead of time melt a bit of butter, mixed with fresh crushed garlic, and then spread that on the pizza base

No comments: