Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cauliflower Popcorn

I like raw cauliflower so much that, besides for throwing it in stirfrys, I don't do much else with it. Well, I had an excess of cauliflower and bread crumbs from previous cooking, so I decided to give cauliflower "popcorn" a shot. It would make a good appetizer or side dish to a meal.

Prepare:
-Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, brush with olive oil (alternatively, beaten egg)-Prepare bread crumbs. You can use plain but I decided to make it more flavourful and so mixed in Korean pepper powder, cumin, turmeric, salt, dried basil, and shredded Parmesan-Spread on a baking panCook:
-Preheat oven to around 350
-Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, mix up, then bake another 10 minutes
Tips:
-I had extra bread-crumb mix and so decided to not be wasteful. I cracked an egg into the crumbs, and mixed it to make a batter. Then, I sauteed some garlic and onion in olive oil (med heat) and threw the batter in, flipping it after 5 minutes. It made for a nice and tasty patty

No comments: