Saturday, April 5, 2008

Banana Chocolate Shake

Every now and then I get a craving for a creamy shake. The problem is that they're usually like 5$ and unhealthy, so I never buy them. I tried to make one at home that was maybe a bit healthier and definitely cheaper. It came out with pretty much the exact consistency I wanted, thick and creamy but still drinkable, which was very nice.

Prepare:
-Couple tbsp cocoa powder
-1 tbsp hot water
-5 cubes ice
-1 banana
-1/4 cup milk (I used soy)
-1.5 tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt

Cook:
-I put the tbsp water in a big beaker that goes with my blender, then put it in the microwave for 30 seconds to boil
-Mix in the cocoa until it's a bit thicker and almost like a paste-Pour in half the milk and the yogurt and blend-Mix in the banana, ice, and the rest of the milk and blend again
Tips:
-You could change this in may ways... substituting ice cream for yogurt, using a different kind of milk, putting in berries instead of banana, different flavored yogurt, mixing in mint leaves... the world is your milkshake!

No comments: